The 2019 nominees for the Liverpool Plains Shire Australia Day Awards will be recognised and category winners revealed at the Official Shire Ceremony being held at The Royal Theatre, on Saturday 26 January, commencing 10.30am. Mayor, Councillor Andrew Hope is encouraging community members to attend saying, “there are dozens of unsung heroes in our Shire, whose commitment and dedication make a significant, positive difference to someone else’s life and Australia Day is provides the opportunity to recognise and thank some of them.
Nominations submitted by the community for the various awards are;
- Citizen of the Year - Colleen Wills, Kim Lawlor and Sue Cudmore
- Young Citizen of the Year - Josh Redgrove, Nicholas Hamblin and Tahlia Carroll
- Local Legend - Peter Jenkins, Ken Cronin, Ray Lamb, Sandra Thompson and James White
- Junior Sportsperson of the Year - Caitlyn Etheridge, Emily Walmsley, Faith Green, Annabelle Avard and Sam Avard
- Marie Maunder Community Service Award - Dianne Dillon, Colleen Wills, Kay Devine, Wendy Upperton, Mary Roberts and the Werris Creek War Memorial Swimming Pool 50yr Anniversary Committee
- Emergency Services Community Award – Toby Dewick, Ken Thornton, Greg Gillies and Ross Dalton
“Congratulations to all the nominees. You have been nominated by your fellow community members as deserving of acknowledgment and public recognition for your contribution donating something of yourself to help and contribute to the betterment of others,” Councillor Hope said.