Australia Day 2019 Ambassador - Ms Josephine Peter
The Shire’s Australia Day Program for 2019 is:
- 10.30am (Thursday 24th) - Quirindi CWA Australia Day Concert at Quirindi RSL Club.
- 10.30am (Saturday 26th) – Quirindi – The Presentation of the Liverpool Plains Shire Australia Day Awards at the Royal Theatre Quirindi. Five local people will be awarded their Australian Citizenship. The Shire’s Australia Day Ambassador Ms Josephine Peter will be special guest. Community members are encouraged to attend.
- From 10.00am (Saturday 26th) - Warrah Creek Australia Day and Annual 20/20 Cricket Match at Warrah Creek Hall and Recreation Centre followed by the lunch, Official Australia Day Ceremony as well as fun and games for young and old.
- 6.30pm – Werris Creek (Saturday 26th) – Australia Day Celebrations with BBQ dinner, fun games and fantastic fireworks to finish the night. Unless inclement weather dictates otherwise, the fireworks won’t commence before 8.30pm.
- ALL DAY (Saturday 26th) – Quirindi and Werris Creek pools will be open FREE OF CHARGE for all patrons. Normal opening times apply. Quirindi pool will have the inflatable obstacle feature at a cost of $5.00 per person for unlimited rides between 1 and 3pm.
The LPSC Australia Day Awards celebrate the achievements of individuals who inspire us through their accomplishments, in service to our community, culture and sports. Nominating someone is not only good for the individual. It is also good for the entire community. It encourages other people to follow their example.
As a community we rely heavily on their commitment and dedication to enriching the fabric of our society and the awards provide an opportunity to say thank you and well done. Be it a friend, family member, workmate or someone you have met while serving the community, nominate them now for a LPS 2019 Australia Day Award.
Last year, we’ve added the Emergency Services Community Award, which seeks to recognise and raise awareness of the extraordinary contributions of everyone involved in the Shire’s emergency services sector. The category is open to all emergency service agency personnel who operate in our local government area.
There are now eight categories seeking nominations;
• Citizen of the Year
• Young Citizen of the Year
• Local Legend
• Sportsperson of the Year
• Junior Sportsperson of the Year
• Marie Maunder Community Service Award
• Emergency Services Community Award